STOCK HELD BY BANK OR BROKER
1. Contact the Development Office with the following information:
Phone or e-mail: Phoebe Geer (212-570-8609, firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Peter McKay (212-570-8617, email@example.com
) Fax: (212-570-8630).
- your name and phone number
- the name of the stock you plan to give
- the number of shares
- the name of the bank or broker who is transferring the stock
- the approximate date the stock is being sent
- the purpose of the gift (new campaign gift, payment on a campaign pledge, Annual Fund gift)
2. Ask your bank or broker to deliver the stock to:
First Republic Securities Company, LLC
Pershing LLC FBO The Brearley School
Phone: (212) 259-5002
Fax: (212) 259-4017
We will then alert First Republic to accept the stock on behalf of the School.
STOCK CERTIFICATES HELD PHYSICALLY
1. Mail the stock certificate(s) to Brearley.
2. In a separate envelope, send to Brearley a signed stock power form (without filling in any other information). Our bank requires that your signature on this stock power be guaranteed by your bank.
3. Include your address, telephone number and the purpose of the gift (new campaign gift, payment on a campaign pledge, Annual Fund gift).
If you have any questions about making a stock gift to Brearley, please don't hesitate to call Phoebe Geer (212-570-8609) or Peter McKay (212-570-8617)