Position To Be Filled As Soon As Possible
The Alumnae Relations Manager will join Brearley’s new Development and Alumnae Relations team as it prepares for a capital campaign and seeks to maximize the philanthropic support of Brearley’s alumnae and parent community.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the Alumnae Relations Manager will be hired for the duration of the campaign to amplify Brearley’s engagement and fundraising efforts by directing alumnae programs and collaborating closely with volunteer leaders.
• Oversee Brearley’s strong Alumnae Relations program, sustaining and enhancing the relationships that are the foundation of our vibrant and generous alumnae community.
• Staff the Alumnae Board, the governing body of Brearley’s Alumnae Association, which promotes Brearley’s welfare and interests, helps alumnae remain connected to each other and to the School, and encourages philanthropic support for Brearley.
• Oversee and coordinate activities for the Alumnae Board’s 12 volunteer subcommittees, which organize alumnae panels, social gatherings, reunions and networking events. This work includes arranging and attending planning meetings as well as staffing events in the evenings during the school year.
• Collaborate with the Annual Fund Director to expand the Reunion Fundraising program and manage reunion activities for 13 reunion classes per year.
• Build relationships with alumnae volunteers and donors, and develop a portfolio of alumnae major gift prospects.
• Collaborate with colleagues to create and implement practices to increase alumnae donor base, including marketing and communications strategies.
• Expand opportunities for alumnae-student interaction and networking. Manage Alumnae Relations activities designed to engage current Upper School students.
• Participate in recruiting volunteers to serve as Class Notes Agents and Class Fundraising Agents for non-reunion classes, in addition to recruiting Reunion Class Agents.
• Interface regularly with other offices in the School (Business Office, Technology, Food Services, Facilities, Reception) and President of the Alumnae Board for streamlined execution of alumnae events and development operations.
• Field alumnae inquiries and communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Alumnae Relations Manager must have outstanding interpersonal skills and an interest in integrating fundraising into our alumnae engagement activities. They must be a reliable team player with a positive outlook and be adept at leading meetings and running events. The Alumnae Manager must use discretion with confidential or sensitive information and have the capacity to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
This position demands exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy, strong organizational and planning capabilities, a proactive approach to anticipating and solving problems, as well as flexibility and the ability to interface well with many different personalities.
A bachelor’s degree and familiarity with independent schools are required along with strong communication, writing and editing skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and merging Word documents. Expertise in volunteer management or customer service, experience fundraising, and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.